This is my go to recipe when we have bananas that are just too far gone for the kids n hubby to eat without complaining, but are perfectly fine to eat. TBH, I think they just complain so I do make this cake 😛.
It can be done quickly with minimal dirtying of dishes – hence, one of my favourite recipes 🙂
Banana Cake Ingredients:
- 150g butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 180*
- In a pot on the stovetop, melt butter. Turn off heat.
- Add sugar, eggs & vanilla essence.
- Mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder & baking soda on top of ingredients in the pot.
- Mix carefully.
- Slowly add mashed banana & milk.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- 150g butter (softened)
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon hot water
- 0.5 – 1.5 teaspoon Hakanoa Hand-made Spicy Chai Syrup
- Beat the butter until smooth & pale.
- Gradually add the icing sugar (half a cup at a time), with enough hot water to make a creamy mixture. Continue beating after each addition until fluffy.
- Add in the Hakanoa Hand-made Spicy Chai Syrup, half a teaspoon at a time, until you like the taste 🙂 Beat until fluffy.
- Ice cake 🙂