Rocky Road – A perfect sweet treat, perfect size for a lunchbox, made with just about anything you want to throw in 🙂 In my Easter version – Eggy Road, I’ve added in Marshmallow & speckled eggs to “easter-fy” it 😛 Of course, you can leave out the nuts if you want it nut-free, use a darker chocolate base if you’re brave enough (I’ve heard Whittaker’s 72% Dark Ghana is pretty good), or change up any of the ingredients.
Eggy Road – Easter Rocky Road
- 2 x King Size Blocks Whittaker’s 50% Cacao Dark Block
- 1/2 cup marshmallows
- 1/2 cup speckled eggs
- 8 jelly snakes
- 1/2 cup Maltesers
- 6 Rainbow Marshmallow Eggs
- 1/4 cup walnuts (or any other nut)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Cut the jelly snakes into smaller bits & the Rainbow marshmallow eggs into halves.
- Place 1 and half blocks of the Whittaker’s 50% Cacao Dark Block in a microwave proof bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir (preferably with a silicone spatula). Repeat until the chocolate is liquid.
- Add in half of the leftover solid chocolate. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour approx 3-4 tablespoons of the melted chocolate into the lined baking tray. Spread along the base of the tray (making a thin layer of chocolate).
- Place the marshmallows, speckled eggs, snakes, maltesers, marshmallow eggs, walnuts into the bowl of melted chocolate & fold into the chocolate gently.
- Pour mixture into the lined baking tray and spread across the tray.
- Pick up and tap the base of the full tray on the countertop.
- Microwave the remaining chocolate to melt.
- Pour over everything in the lined tray.
- Pop into the fridge to set for 4-5 hours or overnight if you can wait that long 😛
- Cut into pieces with a sharp knife.
- Store in an airtight container.