When I first made this, my husband was quite sure I’d lost my marbles – the combination is quite unusual lol. But the sweetness & acidity of the strawberry and heat of the sriracha work very well together with the salmon. The ciabatta was chosen as I’ve always loved the taste of freshly baked bread, but even crackers or blini would work quite well 🙂
- Regal Sliced Smoked Salmon
- Ciabatta loaf
- Cream Cheese (spreadable)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- Mix the Sriracha sauce, soy sauce & strawberry jam, & set aside.
- Cut strawberries into pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the ciabatta loaf into smaller canapé size bites
- Lay ciabatta pieces onto a baking sheet, and bake until slightly browned (approx 5 mins)
- Leave to cool
- Spread cream cheese on one side of each ciabatta bite
- Place a piece of the smoked salmon on top
- Top with a piece of strawberry
- Drizzle with the Sriracha sauce mixture.
- As with all my 12 days of Canapés recipes, the ingredients are just a list of all the products I used to do this. Feel free to chop & change for your favourite brands 🙂
- There is a lot of heat in Sriracha sauce, so I’ve only used 1/2 a teaspoon as these were eaten by my kids as well. Feel free to increase the amount to your taste 🙂