For me, it’s not a kids party unless pastry has made the table guest list 😛 Usually, it’s sausage rolls cos they’re loved by both kids & adults, but even then they can overstay their welcome.
These pinwheels are so easy to make you could probably do it in your sleep! not advised though! 😛 There’s no pastry to make from scratch cos who with kids has time to do that? They’re even great as a quick lunchbox treat.
- Puff Pastry sheets (I used New Way Flaky Puff Pastry sheets) – defrosted
- Mediterranean Dip – Chunky Sundried Tomato
- Cheese (I used a mix of Colby & Mozzarella)
- Hellers Shaved Smoked Chicken
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Lay one sheet of puff pastry on a flat surface preferably your countertop lol
- Spread a thin layer of the chunky sundried tomato dip on one side of the pastry sheet, leaving an approx 1cm margin at the side furthest from you.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese on top
- Add a layer of shaved smoked chicken
- Starting with the side closest to you, roll the pastry as tightly as you can.
- At this point, you can pop it into the fridge to be cut and baked later.
- Once ready to bake, cut into equal slices using a very sharp knife.
- Lay flat on non-stick baking trays.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until puffed & golden.
- Stand for 5 minutes before serving (the pinwheels not you)
- As with all my 12 days of Canapés recipes, the ingredients are just a list of all the products I used to do this. Feel free to chop & change for your favourite brands 🙂
- Leave out the shaved smoked chicken if you wish make vegetarian pinwheels, or change the chicken for your favourite deli meat; just making sure the cut of meat is very thin.