Let’s face it – even on a low carb diet I want some treats 😝 This hits the spot perfectly, and there aren’t too many carbs… As long as you don’t devour the whole thing in one sitting 😂
You can use any combination of seeds and dried fruit. I just chose this combination as it’s lower carb, but have done it with dried cranberries before and it’s A+. Again, with the chocolate I chose to use 72% Dark Ghana chocolate, but you can use milk or darker depending on how “healthy” you want to be 😃
- 1 x 250g 72% Cocoa Dark Ghana Chocolate bar
- Half cup diced apricots
- Half cup pumpkin seeds
- Half cup coconut chips (I used half chips & half thread)
- Mix the diced apricots, pumpkin seeds and coconut chips together. Set aside.
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper. To make life easier, spray the baking tray with cooking spray. This stops the baking paper from sliding around.
- Break the chocolate bar up into smaller pieces and place into microwave proof bowl. Make sure the bowl is absolutely bone dry else any moisture will cause the chocolate to seize up, rendering it unusable. You can choose to melt the chocolate bain-marie style, but I’m into doing things a quicker way (especially when you have 2 kids 😝).
- Melt in microwave in 30 sec bursts, pushing the unmelted chocolate to the bottom after each zap. Once most of the chocolate is melted, just give it a stir to melt any chocolate left.
- Pop most of the melted chocolate onto the baking paper, leaving aside 2-3 tablespoons.
- Spread the melted chocolate across the baking paper, so it creates a thin layer.
- Sprinkle the apricot, seed, coconut mix onto the melted chocolate.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top of everything.
- Gently press down on the dry mix so it sets into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours, before breaking into smaller pieces.