I’ll start off by saying I’m TERRIBLE at making plain scones. My previous attempts could, and should, have been classed as weapons or doorstops ; that’s how hard they were. I’ve been told it’s probably because I mix them too much, but I’m never sure how much is TOO much? I mean all the flour does need to be mixed in properly right?
Anyway, it doesn’t really matter any more as these scones are SO easy to make! There’s no cutting of butter (cos there isn’t any) and not much chance of over mixing. PLUS, it’s dairy free, egg-free & sugar-free!! Which is great for me because I don’t have to worry too much about how much my toddler eats. Well other than the fact that it’s just a treat, that is 🙂
Dairy Free Scones
- 4 cups flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 300ml coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- 300ml soda water
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients & pour in the coconut milk and soda water into the dry ingredients.
- Mix together to form a soft dough.
- Divide into approximately 12 pieces and place onto the baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approx 10-12 mins or until golden brown.
Disclaimer : It’s only sugar-free if you don’t put as much jam on it like I do 😛