This canapé was enjoyed by almost everyone that I tried it on. I guess its a twist on the asparagus rolls that were once a familiar sight at any get together in NZ 🙂 I learnt 2 things whilst coming up with this canapé – 1. I don’t know how to cook asparagus & 2. Whilst I’m not a big fan of asparagus (probably because I’ve always only had tinned asparagus), master 4 loved it!
- Sliced Toast Bread
- Heinz Seriously Good Aioli
- Watties Tinned Asparagus
- Toast the bread. I did mine in a standard pop-up toaster, but you could toast it on a baking tray in the oven.
- Once toasted, cut off the crusts (set aside to make into breadcrumbs later or spread with butter & eat now :P)
- Cut each slice into 3 rectangles
- Spread the aioli onto each piece of toast
- Add a spear of asparagus on top of the aioli
- As with all my 12 days of Canapés recipes, the ingredients are just a list of all the products I used to do this. Feel free to chop & change for your favourite brands 🙂
- Best made shortly before eating, as the aioli needs to be refrigerated but the toast will go soggy/chewy in the fridge. You could, however, toast & cut the bread, and store in an airtight container. Then assemble the canapé before eating.