Like many mums I am very time poor during the week, so a lot of the time dinners can be very basic & thrown together in 15 minutes (if that!). Sometimes it’s oven baked nuggets & chips 😛 Sometimes it’s leftovers in another form. I try not to cook different meals for each person but sometimes it comes down to what’s easiest to feed them (feeding a toddler mash potato without an absolute mess is something I have not quite mastered yet :P).
With this throw together pasta bake dinner, it always amazes me that despite hating broccoli, my kids love it. No idea how that happened, but if it stays that way I’ll be happy 😛 It’s an easy one to make in advance and pop into the oven just before dinner, and good for using up leftover chicken from a roast.
- 1 x Dolmio Alfredo Pasta Sauce (490g)
- 250g (4 cups) of dry penne pasta
- 500g diced chicken breast/thigh
- 200g frozen broccoli (defrosted)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cook the dry pasta until almost al dente.
- Stir-fry the diced chicken until brown. Add the defrosted broccoli about half way through.
- Combine the cooked chicken, broccoli, pasta & alfredo sauce in a oven dish.
- Sprinkle the cup of grated cheese over the top.
- Bake the pasta bake for -15-20 minutes or until brown on top.